Haslemere Chamber of Commerce – GDPR Education
Thursday 28th November saw a packed room turning up on a cold winter’s evening to learn about the new data privacy regulations – the GDPR. The Haslemere Chamber of Commerce marshalled the knowledge of its members to put together a broad over view of the challenges faced by enterprises of all sizes in implementing the new regulations:
- Paul Gardner, of GardnerThoprpe Solicitors took us through an overview of the key points of the regulations
- Tracey Barney, of Guildford HR, reviewed the aspects of the regulations pertinent to recruiting, supporting and leaving employees
- Richard Paterson, of PAAC IT Ltd, discussed the implications on data and computer systems of keeping personal information secure;
- Craig McGown, of McGowan Corp Solutions suggested ways of mitigating risk through insurance; and
- Eddie Paterson, of PAAC IT Ltd, galloped through the elements of creating a plan to prepare for the new regulations.
The main message the team delivered was that although there is a lot to do to prepare for the new regulations, there is no need to panic. There’s plenty of time if you start now and put a plan together that covers the issues you need to address.
You can download the presentation used in the session and Paul Gardner’s talk by clicking on the buttons below: