Hot off the press, Microsoft have announced that Teams is getting the major overall we have all been waiting for. This update is due to be released in JUNE. No exact dates, but if you are a subscriber to our IT Insights newsletter I will send out an alert when it is available.
There are 3 exciting parts to this update.
- Raise Hands
- 3×3 Video
- Separate call windows
- Custom backgrounds
Once available, users will be able to view meetings and calls in separate windows from the main Microsoft Teams client. Additionally, meeting and call controls such as mute, video, chat, leave and others will now be located at the top of the meeting window so that they are always available and never block the underlying content. This new experience will also include recently announced features such as 3×3 video, raise hands, and custom backgrounds.
New meeting experience:
New meeting/calls control location:
Steps for Users to turn on the new experience:
Step 1: Click on Avatar on top right of Teams and click Settings.
Step 2: Check the Turn on new calling a meetings experiences checkbox and then restart the Teams client.
Note: To provide additional transparency we expect the new experiences to be enabled with the following timeline. This is subject to change and we will provide appropriate notice for each phase through Message Center as we approach July and August.
- June – New experiences are available and users can enable through settings.
- July – Experiences are enabled by default and users can disable through settings.
- August – Experiences are enabled by default and user controls are no longer available.
- Meeting notes will launch to the main Teams client
- Support for full-screen content viewing will be coming in the future
- Support for Invision Freehand Whiteboard will be coming in the future
To get a reminder when these updates are available, please click here to subscribe to IT Insights.